I’ve noticed that a lot of effort is put in motivating us by means of brilliant memes, inspirational quotes from historic idols and now and again a very good article that makes you reflect on your daily life’s decisions and interactions.
I came across an article titled A FEW HARSH TRUTHS OF LIFE, and after finishing all 22 points, it made me reflect on life as we know it and how to make it our lives not so complicated.
I include the first 10 harsh truths. You are welcome to have a look at all 22. As I said, it is not often you come across articles that really make you sit back and think.
Also, this website has some pretty awesome articles to read.
- No one else can give you the exact answers you need to be happy and successful. – There are many important answers only you can give yourself, through firsthand experience and self-reflection. So stop listening to what the world says you should want. Start listening to who you are. Once you’re tuned-in to yourself, a time will come when you finally get it. When in the midst of life’s chaos and commotion you stop dead in your tracks and, from somewhere deep down, the voice inside your head cries out “ENOUGH!” This moment is the turning point that leads to happiness and success.
- The things we do right are often NOT the right things to do. – It’s always better to go slowly in the right direction than quickly in the wrong direction. Ask yourself if what you’re doing is moving you closer to where you want to be. Know that doing the right things is far more important than doing things right. There is nothing quite so wasteful as doing with great proficiency something that should not be done at all.
- The unhappiest folks are those who care the most about what everyone thinks. – Truth be told, you have nothing to prove and everything to be. Let the opinions of others inform you. Don’t let them limit you.
- The people you surround yourself with will make you or break you. – Surround yourself with positive people – positive influences. Let them serve as subtle, yet continuous reminders to be your very best.
- Being real and straightforward may not make you the most popular person in the room. – But it will make you the right friends and contacts.
- You will always be incredibly imperfect. – If you wait until you’re “perfect” before you share your stories, ideas, talents, and gifts with the world, no one will ever hear from you.
- The draw of comfort is the biggest dream killer. – In the end, you can be comfortable or courageous, but not both at once.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront. – If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old. If you want something you’ve never had, then you’ve got to do something you’ve never done. The bottom line is that you’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be. Don’t be afraid to start over and rebuild what you truly want.
- We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us. – Between what happened and what will happen is your choice. You are not a product of your circumstances; you are a product of your decisions. It’s about not letting your fear decide your future.
- The only path between wanting and having is doing. – There’s no getting around the need to take deliberate, focused action